Trump – världens kändaste mobbare?
Jag prenumererar på nyhetsbrevet Gender Letter från The New York Times. I det senaste brevet fanns en länk till en tidigare artikel i ‘Horseface,’ ‘Lowlife,’ ‘Fat, Ugly’: How the President Demeans Women. Jag skummade igenom artikeln och fann följande uttalanden som Mr President – en av världens mäktigaste män har gjort:
- Mr. Trump referred to Stephanie Clifford as “Horseface” in a tweet
- “Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?” Mr. Trump said of Carly Fiorina, one of his rivals for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
- Mr. Trump referred to Omarosa Manigault Newman, a former aide, as “that dog” and a “crazed, crying lowlife.”
- After a debate moderated by Megyn Kelly in 2015, Mr. Trump said that “you could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”
- Mr. Trump said that Arianna Huffington, the founder of HuffPost, was “unattractive (both inside and out).
Perhaps most common is Mr. Trump’s fixation on the overall appearance of women. He often uses their looks as a way of diminishing their abilities, their intelligence or their effectiveness — sometimes all three. Attacking a woman’s looks has become his standard response to female critics and rivals.
- After Jessica Leeds said in 2016 that Mr. Trump groped her on an airplane in the 1980s, he said “believe me, she would not be my first choice.” Of Natasha Stoynoff, a former People magazine writer who said Mr. Trump accosted her during an interview, Mr. Trump denied it and said, “Check out her Facebook page, you’ll understand.”
- In March 2012, Mr. Trump attacked Cher, the singer and actress, over her criticism of Republican candidates running for office, saying on Twitter that she should “stop with the bad plastic surgery and nasty statements.”
- That same year, Mr. Trump lashed out against Arianna Huffington, the founder of HuffPost, saying she was “unattractive both inside and out.” In 2014, he reiterated that she was “ugly both inside and out!” In 2015, he again tweeted about “the extremely unattractive (both inside and out) Arianna Huffington.”
- Mr. Trump derided Heidi Klum, the German supermodel and entrepreneur, in a 2015 interview with The Times, saying: “Heidi Klum. Sadly, she’s no longer a 10.” She responded by tweeting a photo of herself wearing a “10” label on her T-shirt.
- In 2012, Mr. Trump dismissed the actress Bette Midler as “an extremely unattractive woman,” adding that “I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct.” And as he watched the 2014 Oscars, Mr. Trump attacked the actress Kim Novak, writing on Twitter: “The last song was terrible! Kim should sue her plastic surgeon!” He later walked the criticism back by saying that she was “a wonderful actress.” Slut citat.
Han kanske känner sig kränkt över alla tweets om hans frisyr…Nu är det ju inte bara Trump som är en mobbare när det gäller att ge ut åsikter om utseende etc. Det är ganska vanligt att man förminskar människor genom att håna deras utseende – för att man vet att det träffar det allra ömtåligaste – den kärna som är du och jag. Det är inte schysst vem det än är att skriva kommentarer om hur någon ser ut, liknar någon etc. Det är verkligen inte vuxet…